What makes you stand out as a future collegiate athlete?
“First Clayton County Middle school Athelete of the Year 2017…Sports Played: Football (2 years), Basketball (1st year), Track & Field (3 years)
– Member of the 2015 Championship Football Team
– Member of the 2015,2016 & 2017 Championship Boys Track & Field Team
– Member of the 2015, 2016 & 2017 Overall Runner-Up Track Team
– Member of the 2016 All Star Southside Football Team, MVP for the Southside Team 2016
– Member of the 2015 All Star Football Southside Team
– Lead Kendrick in Rushing yards with 1253 yards, averaged 3.2 yards per carry over 2 years
– Lead Kendrick in Scoring 143 points, 99 Rebounds, and 26 Steals in Basketball
– Member of the 2016-2017 Southside Basketball All Star Team
– 2017 Track Finishes:
– 7th in the 100meters, 3rd in the 200 meters, 4th in the High Jump, 4th in 4×100 Relay
– Kendrick Athlete of the Year for his 6th, 7th, 8th
– No Referrals & no disciplinary incidents in 3 years”
Burgess caught our eye this year when he made an acrobatic one catch in tight coverage. At that point, we knew the 2021 athlete had a lot of athletic upside, and we wanted his recruiting information. The young athlete shows some excellent moves avoiding tacklers, and can make some very tight spin moves. He also plays on the defensive side of the ball where he displays great instincts tracking the ball carrier and already has good tackling fundamentals. Not sure where Burgess will end up off his film, but he looks to be a great athlete with a ton of upside.