Below we have selected five HUDL highlights of players who have played exceedingly well during the 2016 season.
Class of ’18 Angelo Miller
#52 DT/OG Southwest DeKalb
– Miller went to battle last weekend in the trenches against Cedar Grove’s star studded offensive line. He’s very strong player with great size at 6’3″ 305. Miller played on both sides of the ball in their upset win and looked impressive. He has very quick feet, and looks good in pass pro.
Class of ’17 TJ Smith
#15 WR Wheeler
– Standing 6’5″, 185-pounds, Smith has the length to go up over the defensive back, but also the speed to burn right by them. The Wheeler WR has over 300 yards receiving and 6 TD’s thru 2 games.
Class of ’18 Richard Jibunor
#7 WR/OLB Athens Christian
– Another long athlete with a ton of potential is Jibunor. The 6’4″ 200-pound two-way player has terrific speed clocking a sub 4.5 at Auburn a little over a month ago. Tennessee, Auburn and UNC have offered in the last month and that list will only continue to grow.
Class of ’17 Phillip Thomas
#21 SS Westlake
– Thomas plays the game much bigger than his measurements would indicate. Last weekend the 5’7″ 170 pound athlete had 3 sacks against arch-rival Langston HS. The senior is a heat seeking missile and is locked on to the ball carrier at all times.
Class of ’17 Aubrey Soloman
#91 DT Lee County
– Soloman just decommitted from Michigan a few weeks back after a major recruiting gaffe. He is one of the most coveted interior lineman in the country and rightfully so. The senior is strong as an ox, but also very light on his feet, making him a terror for any offensive lineman to block.